Thursday, February 2, 2012

dont dont you want me?

the original i believe is by the human league but theres enough covers out there its UNBELIEVEABLE

so yesterday i watched take me home tonight which is this 80s based movie made in 2011 with anna ferris and the guy from thats 70s show, and that badass chick from I am number 4 im pretty sure shes #6. But yeah its a good movie, and there is all these AWESOME 80s songs in it, and ive added like ALL OF THEM to my spotify playlist and ive even made a 80s pop pandora playlist. im not gonna lie i really dont know 80s music AT ALL so these are the ones ive added to my playlists
Duran duran--hungry like the wolf
dont you want me baby- the human league
straight outta compton--N.W.a.---i love this song its rap its HILARIOUS
bettie davis eyes- Kim carnes
the saftey dance--men without hats
come on eileen--dexys midnight runners
ship of fools--world party
your love--the outfield
shes like the wind--patrick schwayze --i totally thought that Lumidee was the first one to sing this song
with or without you --U2 not exactly 80s
and some cranberries songs

but do you guys ever see those pictures on the internet that says "Dont you wish your life was like an 80s movie?" and then you see these pictures




personally i just think of the movie Easy A where the main girl says

"Whatever happened to chivalry? Does it only exist in 80s movies? I want John Cusack holding a boombox outside my window. I wanna ride off on a lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me. Just once I want my life to be like an 80s movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no … John Hughes did not direct my life"



So my new goal in life is to
BECOME MORE educated in the world on 80s!!!!

got any suggestion for how i should start?
---maybe dirty dancing :)
kay im off to drink my mountain dew do my homework and study for vocab yipeee ADIOS AMIGOS

No comments:

Post a Comment